2005 Mugneret-Gibourg Nuits-St.-Georges 1er Cru 'Les Chaignots'

2019 Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 'Clos du Château'

SKU: FR

Regular price $1,299.95
/

750ml
Bottle
1 bottle left
  • 1

Domaine Comte Liger Belair produces among the most famous wines in the world, including the very famous Grand Cru Romanée, a wine of undeniable grace. Wine critics gave it the average mark of 96/100 ! The domain is very recent since created in the early 2000 by Viscount Louis Michel Liger Belair, agriculture engineer and oenologist ; in order to exploit some vines that were left in possession of his family. Indeed this is actually a very old domain because it contains more than 200 years of family tradition in the service of the vine, wine of Burgundy and especially Vosne-Romanée. Domaine Comte Liger Belair consists of 12 appellations distributed in the communes of Vosne-Romanée and Flagey, Echezeaux and Nuits Saint Georges.

For Louis-Michel Liger Belair wine quality is belonging to the vine for 95%, the remaining 5% is not a recipe but applying some simple principles and dose of intuition and understanding of each vintage. The grapes are harvested and transported quickly to the winery in small boxes of 14 kilos maxi perforated, in order to avoid crushing the grapes. Then the grapes are manually sorted on arrival in the winery on a sorting table by a team of 8 sorters and are picked off in full and sent in tanks by conveyor belts. Grape integrity is well respected because it is never pumped nor kneaded.

Type
Red
Varietal
Pinot Noir
Vintage
2019
Country
France
Region
Red Burgundy
Subregion
Vosne-Romanée
Producer
Comte Liger-Belair
We use best-in-class shipping materials in an effort to ensure your packages arrive in peak form. Please notify us immediately at info@sommcellarswine.com if you encounter any issue with a shipment. While we will replace or refund damaged items, we are unable to offer refunds on unopened bottles outside of these parameters. To learn more, visit our Shipping and Returns Policy page.

About Somm Cellars

Somm Cellars is a fine wine and spirits retailer based in Manhattan’s Upper West Side.  A collaboration between veteran sommeliers Daniel Jung and Jason Jacobeit, Somm Cellars focuses on expertly curated and impeccably sourced fine wines and collectable spirits, with a particular focus on the wines of France’s Burgundy region.  Our inventory effortlessly blends a deep variety of value-priced gems with a broad selection of the world’s most sought-after wines.

OUR SOMMELIERS ALSO RECOMMEND

bag Cart